Monday, September 13, 2010

Welcome to food ethics with jesus

Hey everyone,

     My name is Jesus Pichardo. I currently attend LaGuardia community college and I'm 17 years old. I live in Manhattan and plan to go to a 4 year institution after leaving LaGuardia. The essential reason why this blog was created is basically to talk about different food topics, habits, misconceptions etc. Some of my eating habits i consider to be very common in certain ways and it's also for a food ethics class. At home i don't cook or anything of that nature simply because i feel like it can be a waste of my time in a way if the result may be disastrous.

     However, shopping for groceries is something I do but it's not on a regular day basis. Whenever i do go to the supermarket by my house called Whole Foods I buy stuff other people would consider awkward for grocery shopping. I buy cookies, candy and different kinds of sweets but the store also does sell healthy food but I don't bury myself in those aisles. My favorite kind of food is fast food not one specific fast food because there are so many to choose from and most of the time i'm outside so it's close and real cheap.

     My only favorite food is Subway's and the reason why is because I can put anything i want on it. As of now I don't know much about where the food I eat comes from but I expect to learn as i move on in the course. Thanks for viewing.

1 comment:

  1. Hello there Jesus. I can definitely relate to you when it comes to not knowing how to cook. I wouldn't dare cook on my own because i too feel that i would do a horrific job at it lol. It's funny how we both seem to go for the junk food when we go to the supermarket but thats what teenagers do. I think that some younger people usually don't buy healthy food as much as an adult does. Oh and by the way i love subways as well!

    ReplyDelete