Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wendy's revised (descriptive writing)

It was an arid and cold day as i had just finished a very long hard day at work. Coming out of work i had many things in mind but the most important of them all was getting home, suddenly my stomach churned and growled when I had remembered I had nothing to eat all day. It didn't take long for me to make a decision and I started walking towards my destination I went a few blocks away from my job to Wendy's. Approaching a set of enormous revolving doors I pushed as I walked into the brightly lit restaurant. Getting online was a hassle because the place was really crowded. From the back of my ears I hear a voice say next while I'm online and immediately my eyes scatter through the diagrams that show the menu before it is my turn to order. Glancing at the board my decision was quickly a number 4. When the man behind the counter yelled "Next" again it was my turn, I went to the cashier and quickly said "Hi i would like a medium number 4 with a pepsi" and he nodded his head when I then gave him the money and he handed me my change. Once I ordered the cashier went back and took a plastic where he then stood next to a machine with a many buttons, he had pressed two buttons one for the ice and the other one for the soda and handed me the cup where I had waited until my food was ready. I received rectangular brown colored tray with a box of golden fries and burger wrapped in shiny aluminum. I sat down by the window and unwrapped my burger and the smell of a freshly baked batch of buns suddenly hit my nose. As I picked up the burger it was as if someone had made me squish on a really warm pillow. Taking my first bite everything went silent and opening my eyes I saw a burger that had 3/4 of it bitten already when suddenly I grabbed a napkin in order to wipe the grease off of my fingers. As I ate the burger a feeling of excitement rushed through me and when I was finally done I threw away the remaining portion of the meal, which was the point where I realized a huge ketchup stain on my jeans.







No comments:

Post a Comment